White Island and retro beach wear

8:39 AM

~WHITE ISLAND, CAMIGUIN~
A moment of silence for its beauty...
(I made this collage with pictures found on the internet, except for my self-portrait ^.^)

It's difficult for me not to fall in love with white sand beaches. I was born in a country blessed with hundreds of different beautiful beaches. I've been to a dozen- like Panglao, Moalboal, Bantayan, Tabuelan and the list goes on. But this summer, I went to the most beautiful white sand beach called "White Island" (obviously lol) and my mouth literally dropped on the ground when I arrived. It was paradise. I was looking for the perfect picture on the internet to show its beauty but to no avail. No photo could come close to how ridiculously magnificent the view was. I guess the best way to understand me is to visit the island! Ha-ha. I stand in awe of God's creations. He is indeed a wonderful God. One of the many places we visited in Mindanao. Enjoy.

{Self portraits taken by my smartphone, so shitty quality but thank God for HD phone editors kekeke}
 Anything 'high-waisted' reminds me of retro fashion. I saw mum's pictures back in the days and believe me, these fashion pieces were on its prime. Now its getting a long come back, since I've been donning retro beach wear since 2010. I'll put a small collage of my different combinations below. For now, check out what I wore at the beautiful island!
The pre-swimming outfit. I am in love with that vintage glasses I found in Gensan City. I've been looking for it all over Cebu and who would've thought I'd find it miles away? For a cheaper price, too!
So instead of using DSLR photos I decided to post my phone pictures because I'm too lazy haha!
What I Wore: Black tube top-SM Dept Store; Leopard harem pants-online shop; Feather earrings-SM Dept Store; Dream catcher necklace- Camiguin souvenir shop; Vintage glasses- Gensan City
Deuces! Couldn't get anymore retro-er than this? Haha. Red and yellow definitely screams VINTAGE!
What I Wore: Fedora hat; Yellow one piece from Ayala Dept. Store; Highwaist red bottom from Hot Pink in Ayala (originally had a matching stripe bikini top); Heart glasses from Girly Glam


~Old and not too old photos~
Red head scarf, white cat eye glasses, blue star printed maillot & a faded highwaist shorts~ Easy pin-up look!
Snapshots from my vacation in Panglao Island, Bohol last February 2013. I've been too busy to actually blog about this trip. :(
Snippets from 2010-2012 retro get-up.

How about you guys? Any favorite summer themes? Boho? Hippie?
Leave comments and let's talk!


Follow me on GFC and I'll follow back :)
For more updates check out my Instagram: @evamarieeex
And for daily rants on Twitter: @evamarieee


P.S: Thank you for your support despite my LONG absence, your views and comments on my older posts means a lot to me! Thank you so much! xxx

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gail! You're too kind ^^

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous photos! That beach looks really nice and all of your outfits are perfect!
    http://lexiluthor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. looovvee the first look! thank you for your comment on my blog dear.
    sure we can follow each, I'm following now.
    See you on my list! keep in touch and keep pretty ;)

    Wulan Wu on http://bootsydoopsy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first looks is AMAZING, so much inspiration, and all of the looks are great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey hon : ) Love your looks! Thanks so much for your comment, I´d love to follow each other. Following you now, glad to keep in contact : )

    http://electricfeel-now.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,Eva, of course glad to follow each other. I've followed on GFC and your facebook. Keep in touch.:D

    Viola
    http://wunderbarkleider.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow.. a very beautiful place =)
    thanks for sharing, dear!
    such a great blog too ^^

    sure we can be friend..
    i'll follow you soon right after you follow mine =D
    xx

    www.melodyofmywords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've never been to camiguin! this is def going up on my list of must-visit places when the husband comes home ;)
    beautiful pictures, eva! :)

    toni perfumed red shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should try it! Just this month they launched a flight from Cebu to Camiguin! x

      Delete

Translate

Search This Blog