Our Small Wedding ♡

2:37 AM

"Personal is the word that best describes the ceremony, planned by the couple who didn’t want anything to feel “staged and controlled”—keeping with their love story, in other words."

The Preparation / Details
The preparations was very different from the usual wedding prep because of new hotel protocols and safety procedures. It would have been a total nightmare if not for my amazing Maid of Honor and bridesmaids. Having a DIY wedding is not as easy as it sounds so if you're planning to have one- make sure you have trusty entourage to help you out when hell breaks loose.
Our invitation card doodle was sketched by me and the layout was done by Ken. We wanted a minimal invitation card with no swirls, florals, or cheesy "wedding-y " stuff. I also brought my No Face figurine that we got during our trip to Taiwan in 2017 to showcase our love for Ghibli films! 
Our simple, scented candle and long lighter giveaway made by me! 
My minimal wedding dress was designed by me. I wanted a flowy dress with no petticoats, no laces, no sparkles, and no drama. I wanted something i can be comfortable with the entire night.

The Ceremony
Our intimate wedding ceremony attended by less than 25 people. 
Only our immediate family, entourage, and sponsors made it to our simple ceremony.
We opted to choose a small chapel as I personally want a chapel wedding and have a short bridal walk to the altar. We are both soo happy with how this solemn celebration turned out.
Our family. 

The Reception 
We had a simple decoration in mind, nothing fancy. I had this LED light decor done in less than two weeks and I love how it turned out. We decided to have a tight wedding budget and we only splurged on the venue, wedding photographers, and videographers because I believe photos and videos will last forever, not the fancy decors. 
Our semi-naked cake by Mandee's Sweets was so delicious!!!
Our favorite animes were on loop the entire weddig night.
Overall, not everything went our way that night but i still consider this the best day ever for us. 
Thank you all for celebrating with us and sending well wishes! We're forever grateful. 


Shout out to Wildfolks Studios for taking these breathtaking photos.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

Translate

Search This Blog