WHY I STARTED SUNDAY CANDY BEAUTY (Anniversary Tribute)

2:33 AM

A compilation of HOW and WHY I started is all written here. It did start with me using a lip&cheek tint I didn't like- from having breakouts to developing dry skin. Now i vowed to never make other girls feel this way. Through that experience, I thought about ways on how I could make a beauty product more natural, more organic, more visually appealing... or just plain better overall. I found a way to personally improve my beauty regimen experience and it led me to start this business that could potentially change your life, too.

(Outfit photos inspired by the colors of Sunday Candy, taken by Sheila Mae)

My driving force in this scary but exciting venture was more than just about making money. My desire to improve people's lives and make it more beautiful and safe has been a huge motivator for me. I translated that motivation into a beauty product that you can wear anytime of the day without FEAR of exposing your skin to harsh, deadly chemicals. I wanted to create a local brand that sells natural, safe and cruelty free products that is compatible to Filipino skin and weather. Affordability is also my number 1 concern since i am my own target market- i wouldn't want to spend too much.
Just enough for its value.



 Finally, in year 2018, I started the organic beauty brand of my dreams. ^___^
Sunday Candy Beauty : made from all natural ingredients, paraben and cruelty-free, homemade beauty products. I tried to use as little plastic/waste as possible because i wanted a zero waste business just to help mother Earth in my own little ways.  It was hard looking for suppliers and materials that are all safe to use. I also had to come up with the branding and labeling- which turned out to be minimal but aesthetically pleasing. The sourcing took the most to finalize and yet its the most vital in starting this journey. Yes, there were a lot of factors that i had to consider when i created this business but I felt that I had the right tools and platform necessary to make it happen. I want to inspire and empower others to keep chasing that dream no matter how hard it gets and know that eventually, everything will align in God's perfect time.

HERE ARE THE PRODUCTS WE DEVELOPED OVER THE YEAR.

1) ORGANIC LIP AND CHEEK STAIN - P180.00
Our Sunday Candy tints are super pigmented with a glossy finish and are made from all natural ingredients. It is waterproof and can last an entire day without any retouch. Our tints has a sweet after taste. All products are handmade, packed by hand and cruelty free. Each tint comes with leftover velvet fabric from our designer and owner. We do not use plastic to cover our products as we try to advocate zero waste movement.

 2) 100% COLD PRESSED CASTOR OIL - P150.00

BENEFITS OF CASTOR OIL * SKIN BENEFITS * Heals Inflamed Skin Fights Signs Of Aging Reduces Acne Moisturizes Skin Fades Blemishes Prevents Stretch Marks Reduces Pigmentation *HAIR BENEFITS* Promotes Hair Growth Treats Scalp Infections Prevents Premature Graying Conditions Hair *HEALTH BENEFITS* Treats Ringworms Disinfects Wounds Acts As A Laxative Reduces Joint Pain/Arthritis Boosts Immunity Treats Back Pain Thank you for purchasing! You can mix your castor oil with other essential oil. Do your research and enjoy the benefits!


3) TWO ORIGINAL SCENT BODY MIST (ALESSANDRA & HELENA) - P300.00
Our Sunday Candy Body Mist are home made, oil-based mists and can last on clothing for as long as 3 days. We carefully mix each scents one by one to assure the oil percentage on each bottles. We are currently making 2 signature scents as of 2018. 

4) NEW! ORGANIC CLAY BLUSH - P170.00
Get that natural, dewy flush with this organic clay blush that’s multipurpose and easy to use. Pat it on your cheeks, lips and even eyelids! Can’t decide on a shade? All 4 shades work on any skin tone. Why not get them all? Pigmented, buildable and long wearing even under the summer heat so one tin can will last you for months. Smells (and tastes) yummy too!🌸

5. NEW! LIPSAVER ORGANIC LIP SCRUB - P140.00
Say goodbye to dry and chapped lips with our natural sugar scrub that gently sloughs away dead skin cells; moisturizes, nourishes, and soothes chapped, flaky lips that leaves lips softer and smoother for the perfect pre- lipstick prep. No harsh ingredients used in formulating this product.

Some fun facts about me that contributed to my passion:

About 8 years ago, I attended a seminar about making perfumes, soaps and other organic products and i wasn't interested then because i was still so young. It sparked my interest in handmade products.

It has been my tradition to try new things/business/ventures every year that I get older. I've been doing so for the past 5 years. (In 2014- i became a fashion designer. 2015- opened my own shop. 2016- started a streetwear line called Fake Friends. 2017- opened a bigger studio. 2018- started Sunday Candy Beauty. 2019- became a licensed financial planner). I want to make the most out of my adult life so there wont be wasted time and opportunities. 

Like i said earlier, I've always been in the hunt for a perfect lip and cheek tint and so far, everything that i tried either tastes bitter, fades quickly or makes my skin dry. I took these elements into making a new and improved product that works for me (and for everyone).

Timing is everything.

This year, 2019- i have two new partners that will help me improve this brand and make it available for everyone. I hope and pray that this will be a great factor into serving our clients better.



Sunday Candy Beauty started as my personal beauty regimen; as my organic alternative to beauty products. This will not stop with just homemade tints, clay and perfumes. Right now i am slowly studying, producing and testing more skin care products and home essentials that will help improve our daily lives. It started with me and now im sharing it with you.


 Join me in this journey, order your own Sunday Candy Beauty and experience it too. <3
ORDER ON FACEBOOK.
ORDER ON INSTAGRAM.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate

Search This Blog